Saturday, July 24, 2010
Bon Jovi: Live Before You Die
I can still remember, when I was just a kid, I went to my first Bon Jovi concert with 8 of my high school friends in a limo. I made a banner that said Lay Your Hands On Me. Jon actually pointed at it! That is the moment my fan status escalated to borderline obsession. I'm not the type to collect Tshirts or plaster posters on walls, but I'm a dreamer, and I have spent hours upon hours in Bon Jovi songs, remembering good times back when we were beautiful, feeling the hurt and something for the pain, or listening as I hit the gas ...on the lost highway.
1. My friend Lisa is with me. I know that if she got that call in the dead of the night, she'd be right by my side.
2. It is an outdoor concert. Wild is the wind.
3. We are front row, and brought up on stage to help lead the audience with Born to be my Baby, Wanted Dead or Alive, and Living on a Prayer. OK, totally know that no one needs helps with these songs, I just want to be on stage.
4. My song requests would be Without Love and Shot Through The Heart (not to be confused with You Give Love a Bad Name). Oh and maybe I'd Die for You and I Want You. Is it possible they can they play every song?
5. We meet the band afterwards.
6. And as we start to leave (...never say goodbye), I'd have one last question that I'd like to ask. I mean, we all know that Tommy worked on the docks and Gina works the diner all day. I sure hope they were able to hold on to what they got. Last I heard, they never backed down. But I need to know "Did Tommy and Gina make it?"
Bon Jovi is my favorite, long haired rock 'n roll band! And, yes, they DO remind us all that we all got to live before we die.