8 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix together topping ingredients and place in refrigerator. The colder the better, as this will give you a crispier topping!
- Peel, core and slice apples. Toss and coat with lemon juice and sugar.
- Place apple mixture in a greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Spread topping over apples.
- Bake @ 375° for 35-45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with ice cream, or as Faye highly recommends cold for breakfast!