Friday, December 24, 2010
2 cups pearled wheat
1cup poppy seeds
1 cup honey
1 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup almonds, chopped/slivered
- Soak wheat overnight in cold water.
- Rinse, then cook until there are no hard kernels. Keep boiling and keep adding water. Drain, rinse and cool.
- Scald the poppy seeds with boiling water then cook 20 minutes until puffy. Drain and cool.
- Put poppy seeds in blender to turn milky.
- Make honey mixture by heating honey, water and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix wheat, poppy seeds and honey mixture together. Add almonds.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.