Sunday, April 24, 2011
Old Fashioned Deviled Eggs
Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Makes: 20-24 halves
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Heinz English Salad Cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-2 tablespoons Keen's Prepared Hot Mustard
2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
chives or green onion
- Hard boil eggs. To reduce cracking, place eggs in water prior to boiling, then bring to boil. Turn down heat; if you let eggs rumble in hard boiling water the whites will get tough and rubbery.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar to water, to help peel eggs.
- Once hard boiled, place eggs in ice water to cool. The quicker the cooling, the less chance of having the eggs have that grey ring. Also, I find the colder the egg, the easier to peel.
- Once eggs are peeled, cut in half and gently squeeze to remove yolk. Place hard yolks in bowl.
- Crumble yolks and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Dollop filling in eggs, and garnish with paprika, chives and sliced radishes..
- Serve chilled. Makes 20-24 halves.