I finally found my Haystacks recipe! This is totally kickn' it old school for me.... I remember one of my classmate's awesome mom would make these for our hot dog days at Domain Elementary. Oh the memories from our little 3 room school on the prairie. Anyway, feel free to make it with just chow mien noodles, just pretzels, or combo of both!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 0 Minutes | Makes: 24 Cookies
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Combine noodles, pretzels and peanuts in bowl. Break up noodles and pretzels into smaller lengths. Set aside.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In microwave safe bowl melt together chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over noodle/pretzel/peanut mixture and combine until covered.
- Dollop on baking sheets using spoons. I try to make them stand up a bit to look like haystacks.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until they set up.