Sunday, September 15, 2013
Prep Time: 30 Minutes / 24 Hours | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Makes: about 4 Quarts
4 cups onions
1/4 of a red pepper
1/2 cup course salt
5 cups white sugar
4 cups vinegar
1 cup flour
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp turmeric
- Shred cucumbers, onions & red pepper
- Toss with salt, and let stand refrigerated over night
- Next day drain out excess liquid
- Combine and heat vinegar, sugar, flour, celery seed, mustard seed and turmeric. Warm to a steam, not boil.
- Pour over cucumber mixture, stir and store/can in mason jars.